January 05, 2013

The Story Behind...


Have I told you that some months ago I wanted to change my blog name? Um, I just think that I need to change my blog name because the last one sounds kind of rude or whatsoever and I think I need a proper one. (and maybe I'll change my blog's name again in the future if I want to do so, but ya.. we'll se it later)
So, what is mud-luscious? Mud-luscious is a famous phrase that you can find it on a poem which was written by an American poet, E.E. Cummings (and according to Wikipedia "his name often written by other in lowercase as e.e. cummings"). Have you ever heard a song entitled After the Rain by Adhitia Sofyan (he is an Indonesian singer, my fave!)? If you have heard it, you'll hear this lyric on the first line "if I could bottle the smell of the wet land after the rain". And yes! The meaning of mud-luscious is the smell of the wet land after the rain or the scent of rain on dry earth; which is commonly known as petrichor.
And why mud-luscious? It's because I love the pleasant scent of the wet land after the rain. It's so heartwarming and... ah I can't describe it by words :p
By the way, I got this name from my uncle. I was updating my facebook status by writing "the smell of the wet land after the rain" and a comment was popping on the comment box. It's from my uncle, written: "according to e.e. cummings, it's called mud-luscious". And I was like, "aaaah, it's cool. why don't i use it as my blog's name?". And, ta-da! I finally changed the name of my blog. Hopefully it can bring good improvements for my blog, hihi :3


No comments:

Post a Comment